Grapevine Divorce Lawyer
Serving Clients in Tarrant, Dallas and Denton Counties
At the Law Office of Mark E. Wewers, P.C., in Grapevine, Texas, we represent people dealing with difficult divorce and family law issues. During a divorce, the spouses or a judge or jury will have to decide how to divide a family’s property; where the children will primarily reside; the terms of visitation and parenting time schedules; and the proper amount of child support and spousal support (if any).
Family law and divorce lawyer Mark E. Wewers has two decades of experience helping clients file for divorce and resolve divorce-related issues such as property division, child custody, child support, and alimony. He also represents clients in paternity actions, adoptions, and motions to modify custody or support subsequent to a divorce.
To speak to an experienced Grapevine divorce attorney, call (817) 410-4735 or contact us online. We have extensive experience in all areas of family law:
Divorce : If you have decided to file for divorce or have been served with a petition for divorce, we can help. We offer dedicated, cost-effective, and caring legal representation from a knowledgeable and experienced attorney.
- Division of marital property: We represent people in divorce cases involving significant assets and complex financial matters, helping clients identify and accurately value all marital assets, including stock options, oil and gas interests, small businesses, family businesses, pensions and retirement accounts, patents and trademarks.
- Complex property division
- Child custody : Protecting the best interests of children is our primary goal. We represent men and women in child custody disputes that arise during divorce, after divorce, and in paternity cases. In any dispute over custody or visitation, we encourage parents to act in the best interests of their child or children. We also represent parents, grandparents, and third parties in cases where access, possession, and custody of children are at issue.
- Child support : To determine if the applicable child support arrangements are appropriate to your situation, our office can perform a calculation of child support under Texas law. If the child support order in your case is not in compliance with the law, we can seek relief on your behalf.
- Spousal maintenance/alimony: In certain divorces, spousal maintenance or alimony may be awarded to the lower-earning spouse in order to allow that spouse to provide for her or his reasonable needs following divorce. We can help determine if spousal support or could be appropriate in your divorce.
- Modification or change of custody or support : Following a divorce decree or other court order determining child custody and child support, it is possible to have child custody and child support changed by the court. We aid clients in asserting motions to modify and seeking to change the terms of custody, visitation or child support when there has been a significant and material change in circumstances that makes the original custody, visitation or support terms unfair, unworkable, or most importantly, no longer in the child’s best interests.
Domestic abuse: No person should have to live in an abusive relationship. If you are in an abusive situation and want out, let us put the power of the law on your side. In an emergency, call 911 for immediate help. To protect you from further domestic violence, we can help you seek a restraining order or protective order.
Adoption/termination of parental rights : We represent parents, stepparents, grandparents, and interested third parties in the adoption of children, as well as termination of parental rights.
Paternity : A paternity case involves a child whose mother and father were not married when the child was born. Our office represents men and women in paternity cases. Issues commonly associated with paternity cases include determination of parentage, child custody, visitation, and child support.
Schedule a Free Consultation: Northeast Tarrant County Family Law Attorney
To schedule a free consultation on a divorce, child custody, or other family law matter, contact us today.